FileNotFound Exceptions on Mobile Connection.Open()

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
ck31user

FileNotFound Exceptions on Mobile Connection.Open()

Post by ck31user » Tue 19 May 2009 17:23

Hello All,
I'm running into an issue when I attempt to open a connection to my Oracle database using the Devart.Data.Oracle.dll (mobile) library. I'm using version 5.0.12.1, with visual studio .net 2005. I get this same error when attempting to run the provided sample code.

When I call the OracleConnection1.Open() method, (obviously after populating it with a valid connection string) I get the following exceptions after the application is deployed:

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Devart.Data.Oracle.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException' occurred in Devart.Data.Oracle.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException' occurred in Devart.Data.Oracle.dll

This leads me to an error message (catching ex.message) that says "Network error:: an unknown, invalid, or unsupported option or level was specified in a getsockopt or setsockopt call"

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

I am deploying this to a Windows CE .net device with the .net 2.0 compact framework installed.

Thanks!

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 20 May 2009 14:57

1. Have you used some tool (e.g., ActiveSync) for the synchronization of the work of your device or device emulator with your desktop PC? Was the synchronization successful (e.g., ActiveSync becomes green in the tray)?

2. Please visit our forum at http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14251 where the deployment topic of the Mobile version is discussed. This thread is about dotConnect Mobile for MySQL, but you can use its recommendations when working with dotConnect Mobile for Oracle. Did you follow these steps?

3. Please get acquainted with this thread at Microsoft's forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums ... 6cc12aabf/
Try to get the inner exception to identify the reason of the problem. Please post here the inner exception.

4. Try the latest 5.20.29.2 version of dotConnect Mobile for Oracle. Does the problem persist?

5. Please give us the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the issue.

Notify us about the results.